CODE OF CONDUCT
THE K. N. S. B. L. ARTS & COMMERCE COLLEGE, KHERALU
KHERALU TALUKA UTTAR VIBHAG KELAVANI MANDAL, KHERALU
Institutional Code of Conduct
The code of conduct is the soul of our institution. The purpose of code of conduct is to ensure and identify what is required and expected. It applies to all members of the college. The institutional code of conduct promotes welfare, dignity and respect of learners, educators, workers and parents.
Code of Conduct for Principal
College principals are well-respected leaders who serve their students, teachers and rest of staff with great dedication and responsibility. They lead institutions by their eminent thoughts and workability, but avoid intruding on their teachers’ unique methods of teaching.They always listen to their students and encourage them with cooperative tone. ‘As is the head so is the institution’, thus, unique decision making powers of principal leads the college to path of success. For this reason, college principals are required to adhere to a strict code of conduct, which are given below.
- College principal has to monitor, manage and educate the administration of the institution. He/She has to chalk out a policy and plan to execute the vision and mission.
- Empower all his/her staff and students to reach their maximum potential and to be fair in his disciplinary actions for all faculty members, non-teaching staff and students. He/she must not nurture any grudge against any member which may lead to animosity and anxiety in the organization.
- Ensure that the staff and students are aware of rules, policies and procedures laid down by the college and enforce them properly.
- To make all his/her decisions for the best interests of the students and never put his interests above the greater good of the college. He/she has to respect the rights of all members of the committees members of the college.
- Must thrust moral and ethical values while dealing with some sensitive issues, and avoid careless decisions that may result in violations of law.
- College principal must refrain from inappropriate conduct and relationships with students and staff. He must listen to the students’ ideas and set a supportive tone.
- Has to exhibit outstanding and strong leadership skills and empower all staff members and students to reach their maximum potential.
- Students trust their principal to take care of them, thus principal must apply active and passive honesty. He/she should never directly lie to anyone, must never withheld vital information that he/she has to make public.
- Execute other qualitative and quantitative work for the welfare of the institution and carry forward the mission and vision of the college for academic excellence so that society is served in real manner.
In conclusion, code of conduct may differ according to the position, but at their core, they stand for similar things. A principal should always be honest, fair, law abiding, objective, supportive and protective even when the students don’t want him.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR TEACHING & NON-TEACHING STAFF
The Following Code of Ethics is laid down for the guidance of Teaching & Non-Teaching Staff.
- Every Teacher shall, by precept and example, inculcate in the minds of the students entrusted to his/her care, love for the Motherland and Her children.
- Every employee in an educational institution shall maintain punctuality, regularity and faithfulness in their respective duty.
- Every Teacher shall organize and promote all College activities which foster a feeling of universal brotherhood among the pupils.
- Every Teacher must be strictly impartial in his / her relations with all his / her students. He / She should be sympathetic and be helpful, particularly to the slow learners.
- No Teacher shall indulge in or encourage any form of malpractice connected with examinations or other college activities.
- Every teacher shall be clean and trim, and not casual and informal, while on duty. His/ Her dressing shall display the dignity of their work.
- Every Teaching / Non-teaching staff should be punctual in attendance, in respect of his/ her class work, as also for any other work connected with the duties assigned to him/ her by the Principal
- Every Teacher shall avoid any monetary transactions with the students or parents or colleagues.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PRINCIPAL, TEACHING & NON-TEACHING STAFF
- The principals shall be given appointment orders signed by a Representative of the Management.
- Other employees of the institutions run under KTUVKM shall receive appointment orders signed by the Principal of the respective institution.
- The process of the appointment of the Principal shall be initiated and handled by the management.
- The principal of an institution in co-ordination and under guidance of the management shall proceed with the new appointment of Teaching and Non-teaching posts.
- Principals are directly answerable to the Managing Committee of the Trust.
- The accounts of the expenses and leaves of the Principals shall be sanctioned by the Management while the accounts of expenses and permission of leaves to the employees of an institution shall be looked after by the respective Principal. The Principal shall seek guidance of the Management wherever he/she deems necessary.
- The employees shall complaint in written to the respective principal if they have problems with other employees. The principal shall resolve the issue. If there is a matter to be submitted to the management, it shall be forwarded through the principal. If an employee has grievances against the Principal, he/she shall appeal to the Secretary. The Secretary shall resolve the issue or consult the management in its regards in order to reach a solution.
- Any matter from a Principal or an employee shall first be presented to the Managing committee in Kheralu. The principal shall first present the matter to the Executive Secretary and try to solve it. If it is not sorted out amicable, then only it shall be referred to Managing Committee.
- All the employees working in the institutions of KTUVKM shall abide by the rules of University, UGC, Secondary Board, Government and all the concerned councils.
- No employee shall directly contact the Managing Committee telephonically or any other means of communication. If an employee wishes to contact the Managing Committee, he shall take his problem to the Executive Secretary and try to convince him on his desire to contact the Managing Committee. The Executive Secretary consult the Managing Committee and then issue the instructions to the employee accordingly.
- No employee of teaching section shall deliver private tuitions free-of-charge or with remuneration. Any such activity is prohibited even under the name of his family members too.
- No employee of teaching section shall deliver private tuitions free-of-charge or with remuneration during office hours or after that. He/she shall seek permission of the Management if he/she wants to carry out teaching activity free-of-charge.
- An employee shall seek permission of the Managing Committee in case he wishes to join a course for career advancement.
- An employee shall not participate in any activity against the Management/ Political Activities/Educational Activities. If he/she is found involved in such an activity, he shall be subject to disciplinary action.
- All the employees shall remain faithful to the KheraluTaluka Uttar VibhagKelavaniMandal and shall not join any activity against the interest of the KTUVKM.
- All the employee shall obey the instructions of KTUVKM or he shall be subjected to disciplinary action.
- All the employees shall follow the rules of the institution and work in co-ordination with other employees of the institution. It is mandatory for the employees of KTUVKM to be a part of any activity organized by KTUVKM.
- Every staff should abide by the rules and regulations of the college and KTUVKM and show due respect to the constituted authority, diligently carrying out instructions issued to him/ her by the superior authority.
- Every employee shall avoid smoking, chewing tobacco or consuming any intoxicating content during the hours of duty. If an employee is found harbouring such undesirable habits, he shall be subjected to disciplinary action. This prohibition shall be application to any person entering the campus at any time.
- If an employee breaches the rules his/her institution, he shall be served with a written memorandum. If such an employee is served three memoranda, an inquiry shall be set to look into the matter and a disciplinary action may also be taken.
- If an employee participates in any social activity other than the institution, he/she shall have to seek prior permission of the Head of the institution. The activity should not be against the welfare of the society.
- It is ideally expected that all the employees in an educational institution maintain punctuality, regularity and faithfulness in their respective duty.
- Any confidential matter regarding the administration of KTUVKM or any other matters related to any of the institutions shall not be disclosed to outsiders, Press, Government Agencies etc. without prior permission of the KTUVKM. Anybody found involved in such an activity shall breach the Code of Conduct and be considered for serious disciplinary action.
- Any illegitimate comment by an employee regarding Management or any of the Office Bearers in front of public or social media shall invite legal procedure against the concerned person.
- No Teaching or Non-teaching staff shall be a member of any political party or carry on activities either openly or in camera in support of any such party.
- No Teaching / Non-teaching staff shall be a member of the state or central legislature or any other body of local Self-Government. He/ She shall resign his/her job before standing for election as a candidate. No teacher shall be member of any banned organization/clusters nor shall have any link directly or indirectly with such organization/clusters.
- Teaching and Non-Teaching staff must always wear their identity badge during working hours.
Responsibility and Accountability
- Teachers should handle the subjects assigned by the Head of the Department
- Teachers should complete the syllabus in time. Teachers shall produce good results in the subjects handled by them and are accountable for the same.
- Tutor – Ward system must be effectively implemented. Teachers shall monitor the respective group of students who are attached to them.
- Assignment topics for each course are to be given to the students within a week of the beginning of the semester.
- Assignments should be written in Note Books. The Note Books are to be collected from the students in time and returned to the students after correction.
- Tests are to be conducted in a semester. Answer books are to be valued and marks are to be informed to the students. Marks for the assignments, Tests, Seminars if attended are to be entered in the counseling report.
- Teachers should be good counselors and Facilitators. They should help, guide, encourage and assist the students to ensure that the Teaching-Learning Process is effective and successful. Value based education must be their motto.
- Teachers should maintain decorum both inside and outside the classroom and set a good example to the students.
- Teachers should carry out other academic, co-curricular and organizational activities that may be assigned to them from time to time.
- Each Department Association must conduct at least three special meetings in each
- Teachers are expected to attend Department academic association meetings, seminars etc and also college functions like Sports Day, College Day, Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations without fail.
- Teachers are expected to Volunteer, to take up extra classes for students of Certificate, Diploma and other Career Oriented Programmes
For Non- Teaching Staff:
- Every staff employed in the college shall stay within the college during office hours and discharge his/ her duties efficiently and diligently and maintain honesty, integrity, fairness and total quality management in all activities with mutual respect.
- No non-teaching staff member should divulge official secrets, infringe, mutilate, conceal or forge official documents, receipts, etc.
- No staff member is allowed to intercept, misuse or misappropriate institutional money or goods/ services.
- No non-teaching staff member should resort to anything which can tarnish the image of the college. No non-teaching staff member should be a constituent of any secret cult.
- No non-teaching staff member should use official time for private activities whatsoever.
- Every staff employed at all times should deal politely with students, general public and with rest of the college staff. They must exercise self-discipline.
- All non-teaching staff members should avoid using social networking sites such as Facebook, Whats App, Twitter, other sites etc. during working hours and must abstain from taking photographs unnecessarily.
Punctuality and Attendance
- Teachers must report in time to duty as per the working hours prescribed and should be available in the campus unless and otherwise they are assigned duties elsewhere.
- Prior written permission should be obtained for reporting late in the morning or leaving early in the evening without detriment to their duties. This is subject to restrictions as regards frequency. Permission for going out of the College shall not be given during the class hours.
- Teachers should sign the attendance register while reporting for duty.
- Teachers must be aware that their workload is 40 hours a week even though their maximum class hours are only 16 a week.
- Teachers are expected to be present in the college campus atleast 10 minutes before the College beginning time.
- Teachers should remain in the campus till the end of the College hours.
- Prior written permission is required from the Principal / atleast a day in advance while availing CL or OD.
- Not more than 25% of staff members in a Department will be allowed to go on OD / CL on a particular day.
- Only five days or the maximum period of valuation work at a stretch in a valuation session whichever is longer will be allowed as OD for evaluation work in a year.
- Half a day CL will not be sanctioned for teaching staff.
- 12 days of causal leave can be availed in a calendar year.
- Causal leave can be combined with other holidays. However the total period of continuous absence from duty should not exceed ten days.
- All must report for duty on the reopening day and the last working day of each semester.
- Medical Leave will be sanctioned only for medical reasons. Medical Certificate will be verified for its genuineness.
- Study leave for higher studies will be granted at the discretion of the management.
Publication of Research Papers & Books and Participation in Research Projects, Seminars, Conferences etc.
- Staff members are encouraged to write text books, publish articles in reputed Journals and present papers in Seminars and Conferences.
- Staff members are encouraged to take up Research projects.
- Staff members should also attend Faculty Development Programmes, Quality Improvement Programmes etc to update their knowledge.
- Staff members are encouraged to undergo Practical Training in Industry and can take consultancy Work as part of Industry – Institute interaction.
- Absence from duty to the above matters will be treated as on duty and may be suitably rewarded at the discretion of the management either monetarily or by Way of consideration during promotion.
The prime objective of the Institution is to inculcate the following Human and Social Values in the minds of Students through education.
- Love for all
- Humanitarian Attitude
- Respect for Nature
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- Students shall be given admissions on merit and within the rules of reservation policy of Government of India.
- No seat earmarked for a reserved category shall be opened for a general category student.
- In case of extra demand for admission from reserved category students, the unclaimed and vacant posts of General students shall be allotted to desirous students belonging to reserved category.
- A student who does not claim his/her admission within a fixed time limit shall not have any right to claim it afterwards.
- Such unclaimed seats shall be offered to the students in the waiting list on bases of merit.
- Students shall reach the classrooms in time.
- Every student should wish the staff members on his/her first meeting of the day.
- When a member of the staff enters the classroom, the students should stand up as a token of respect.
- Students shall maintain strict silence in the classroom and also while moving in college corridors.
- The power to take disciplinary action against a misbehaving student is inherent with the Head of the institution.
- No student shall leave the classroom without the permission of the staff concerned.
- Students shall enter the staff rooms with the prior permission of HoD or faculty for specific purpose.
- Students shall maintain dignity and decorum during common college functions.
- Students shall keep the campus clean and green.
- Monetary transactions for any purpose without prior permission from the Principal shall be called misappropriation or cheating and shall be subject to disciplinary action.
- Smoking inside the college campus is strictly prohibited.
- Misbehaviour and malpractice in connection with academic endeavour will lead to suspension or dismissal.
- Students are not permitted to use mobile phones in the classrooms, library, language laboratories, examination hall etc.
- Students shall cultivate reading habit by making use of the library effectively during the leisure time.
- Students shall submit their assignments and projects on time.
- Students are expected to read the notices put up on the college notice boards. Ignorance of any notice thus displayed will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with the directions contained therein.
- Students responsible for any deliberate damage to the furniture, electrical installations, doors, windows or other properties shall be fined heavily at the discretion of the Principal, whose decision shall be final.
- Vehicles must be parked parking areas allotted to them.
- Students who ride two-wheelers shall wear helmets compulsorily.
- Eve teasing and ragging are strictly prohibited. Students found guilty of such activities are liable to be summarily dismissed from the college.
- The Principal shall have the final and absolute authority to penalize, dismiss or suspend any student whom he finds guilty of misbehaviour or violation of the rules of the college, inside or outside the campus after conducting such enquiries as he deems fit.
- Students shall use Wi-Fi strictly for their educational purpose only.
- Students shall represent their grievances and suggestions in writing to the Principal through their respective HoD.
- Students shall abide by the good name and traditional culture of the institution through good conduct and self-discipline on the campus and in the classroom.
- In case, any criminal case is registered against a student by the law enforcing authorities, he / she should intimate the same within 24 hours to the Principal, failing which, he / she is liable for disciplinary action leading to expulsion.
Students riding two wheeler should have valid driving license and should wear helmets. Students’ vehicles are restricted to the parking lot and they shall not do rash driving inside the premises. The Management will not be responsible for any damage or loss of the vehicle parked in the parking lot. The parking facility for vehicles is provided on campus. Students shall park the vehicles on first-come-first-serve basis. Separate parking space is allotted for the students and the staff. Nobody shall use the parking area reserved for the Divyangjan.